Теперь Кью работает в режиме чтения

Мы сохранили весь контент, но добавить что-то новое уже нельзя

It's the most boring time of the year. What should I do?

ЗнатокиLife+2
TheQSTN.com Team
User of The Question  · 28 дек 2016

Get up early, choose a random point on the compass and walk in that direction for as long as you can (or til lunchtime). Do your best not to deviate or get diverted. Take a picture every 50 paces. You'll find yourself walking and recording a "slice" of your hometown that's full of contrasts and completely different from a conventional walk — because the average footpath or urban walk is designed to be consistent, not surprising. Be prepared for the ugly and the mundane as well as nice scenery, but if you accept it all you'll develop a better understanding of where you live (and you'll be ready for the next level of psychogeographic wandering). 

A good pub finder app helps. Works best in cities. And if you live near the coast, try not to walk into the sea.

Nutrition BSc, King's College London. @masha_budr  · 29 дек 2016

Learn something new. There is a huge amount of online courses available for free, where you can efficiently take classes from top universities in the world, working in your own pace. Here's a few you can try. 

1. Edx

2. Coursera

3. Udacity

You can also learn new language. There is a great (and absolutely free!) platform called Duolingo. Check it out!

Educational apps developer  · 28 дек 2016
  1. Get some good binoculars - or better still a telescope - and look at the moon. 2. Go on the internet and find some great origami designs to make. 3. Write a short story or article and publish it online.
We love art that encompasses historical knowledge and would like to teach you how to read...  · 28 окт 2017
All the great answers I read here, thank you for your advice, guys :) Just would like to add few tips as well: Download "smule"Sing! application and enjoy singing your favourite songs, great fun! Don't worry if you don't have a perfect voice, it makes your voice very beautiful! And of course, my other advice would be art-related, as art is the best mood-booster and... Читать далее
Пользователь TheQuestion  · 29 дек 2016
If your mind is turning to how you'd like your 2017 to turn out, then this quiet period between Christmas and New Year is perfect to start assembling that vision – literally. I'm a huge fan of the post-festive vision board.  Everyone I recommend this to will say the idea sounds absolutely ridiculous... until they try it. So why not just call it a 'goal collage' if that... Читать далее