Теперь Кью работает в режиме чтения

Мы сохранили весь контент, но добавить что-то новое уже нельзя

How can I get my cat to wear clothes?

FashionPets+2
Jody Thompson
TV vet, vet of the year, animal welfare campaigner, author & @pupaid founder #wheresmum #g...  · 7 дек 2016

Take it shopping? Get it a cat-alogue? Seriously though, you shouldn’t be making animals do anything that they don’t want to do. 

Dogs are more likely in my experience to tolerate clothes, but a lot don’t. A lot hate it. For dogs, practical clothing is sometimes essential – for short-coated breeds, old dogs, young dogs or dogs who’ve had, for example, chemo will benefit from a practical jacket or a jumper, especially if it’s got reflective strips on it, for winter. 

"So what would be the reason for putting a cat in a jacket or a piece of clothing? The owner."

However, cats are different – cats already have a fur coat on so there’s no real practical use for a coat. So what would be the reason for putting a cat in a jacket or a piece of clothing? The owner. The cat could overheat, there could be dangly bits they could swallow and cause an obstruction. My advice is to stick clear of all clothing for cats. If a cat escapes or goes outside and gets tangled in a tree, it’s going to hang itself. Even non-quick release collars can get tangled round their leg and cause all sorts of problems. 

Basically, if you really love your cat, you won’t be dressing it up.