Lucy Land
август 2016.

How can I ensure that the jewellery I buy is ethically produced?

Ответить
Ответить
Комментировать
Подписаться
1 ответ
Поделиться

A lot of jewellers get their jewellery produced in Hong Kong or China where costs are cheaper and actually, the quality is pretty good. So I’m probably in the minority in that I keep all my production in England because I think it’s really important to support British craft and of course, it means that the craftsmen are paid properly. The quality tends to be very good and keeping production at home enables fast turnaround. I get quite a lot of bespoke orders that involve personalised engraving, which tend to require a tight turnaround. Gold disks with names engraved for a hen party is a popular request, along with birthdays and christenings.

I work with craftsmen from different parts of the country depending on the skill required. I get the electro-forming [a closely guarded secret] to cast my found sycamore pods or acorns done in Surrey; the enamelling and casting production takes place in the Midlands and the engraver is London-based.

I use recycled silver and gold in my jewellery. In truth, however, it is very difficult to know whether gems and diamonds are ethically-sourced because they are very difficult to trace. I buy my stones from a reputable dealer in India, whom I trust. 

http://www.philippaholland.co.uk

Прокомментировать
Ответить