How can I make my own podcast?

4 августа
17:04
август

I love audio – it’s a lazy person’s way to read. I don’t sit down and read books so podcasts are the modern substitute to reading. I’ll listen to one after the other after the other, including those covering history, culture and politics. If you make a note of what you have learnt at the end of listening to each one, it’s as good as book learning.

I studied audiovisual and audio editing years ago, and already had the skills for what is essentially a radio show. However, the great thing about making podcasts is that it requires very low technical skills. You can use any old computer, which comes with a microphone and you can use a simple recording tool. Once you’ve recorded and saved your audio as an MP3 file to your computer desktop you’ll need to find a place to host the MP3 file. Getting your podcast hosted is essential so you can start distributing your show to podcast directories and apps via RSS feed. Libsyn, Podomatic and Cast mate are the most popular complete solution and service providers. Then you’ll need to submit it to directories so they can distribute your podcast. There are loads out there but iTunes is the most popular and has the largest reach.

Roifield Brown also devised and produced How Jamaica Conquered the World, which was awarded 06/2012 iTunes Podcast of the Week and produced Skylines for The New Statesman. Among other projects, he is currently also busy with US and UK political show Mid Atlantic and 10 American Presidents, which boasts 40,000 downloads a month on iTunes.

Если вы знаете ответ на этот вопрос и можете аргументированно его обосновать, не стесняйтесь высказаться
Ответить самому
Выбрать эксперта
Ответить самому
Вопрос эксперту
август
Ответить самому
Вопрос эксперту